Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Furniture Rehab




Happy Wednesday friends!  Yesterday I shared a recently finished room with you and today I'm sharing all of the details on the furniture.  My client already had all of the furniture you'll see today, but I redid it all! 


The Headboard:


Since the client wanted to move up to a queen bed and already had this headboard, I decided to try sanding it down to raw wood.  Painting would be plan b if the wood wasn't pretty.



First I sanded it completely down to the bare wood and cleaned out the dust with a dry brush. 
Once sanded, I thought the stain left in the crevices was a too dark so I painted it with the some of the chalk paint I used on the dresser, and then sanded again. 



I wasn't sure how it would turn out--but oh my gosh I love it!  




The Dresser:


This dresser belonged to the client's great great grandmother.  It just needed some new paint and knobs.


After painting, I distressed and waxed it.





The Desk and Side Table:






It's amazing what new paint can do!







Thanks for stopping in today!  Have a room or furniture that needs some help?  Message me! I would love to work with you:)

No comments:

Post a Comment