Thursday, February 20, 2020

zach


This is Zach's room.  His sister's room was one of the first ones I designed, and I'm working on his parent's bedroom now--can't wait to show you!



This is Zach's room before--pretty typical teen boy's room.I love when a room has something that at first seems like a limitation but later becomes your favorite element....Enter the wooden knee wall.  I thought about painting it, but I'm so glad I decided to use it as the extra large headboard.





I've decided to add a hammock to a room every chance I get.  Zach's mom had this one still in the package.  I hear he's in it all the time!



Zach is very musical so I wanted to not just give him a place for his guitars, but use them as art.  These guitar mounts from Palmer Music were perfect and easy to install.  We went with a warm gray on the walls. 


We needed side tables that were open because of the placement of the air vents.  These from Target were exactly what we needed. 




I had a friend call me weeks before I began this room: 
"I'm shopping and I found these lights. I don't need them but they're too cool not to get--could you use them?"  To which I replied, "I'll be right there!"  

I found a plug remote at the hardware store so he can just click a button to turn them off and on instead of having to reach.  The bedding is a chambray duvet cover and fun football sheets.  Want a tip?   The main bedding in a kid's room shouldn't be childish, but sheets certainly can be! And pardon the wrinkled sheets--who has time to iron sheets? 



We found the football poster print on Etsy and then ordered the frame online as well.  I hear that he is replacing this poster with a different player because of recent scandals.  The moral of that story is don't spend a lot of money on art of your favorite players because when said players get into trouble, you'll be glad it's just a poster you have to replace!



No comments:

Post a Comment